Selasa, 11 Agustus 2015



Have you ever been eating grasshopper before? Hm, can you guess?. In Indonesia grasshopper is an insect that make a lot of trouble to farmers. They usually eat leaf but sometime also farmer’s plants. In the rainy season grasshopper’s population is reduced. I do not know why.  But in my opinion it is because of their egg will be died if splashed with water every day. So they choose one time when it is dry and save.

Because of they grow faster in summer and it will make farmers lose out of their plant, so we have to prevent it. But how do we do that?. Yes, we eat it. Better than syringe them with insecticide, we can get much protein from eating them. It sounds cruel, but trust me they are delicious.  Last time my boss bought a pack of fry grasshopper from his holiday. And he shared it with me. Even if I got allergy but it is all right. I still can eat it till the last one.

But in this picture, it is not grasshopper that i told you before. It is bigger and has a lot of egg.

Grasshopper